TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All Illawarra Hawks Memberships purchased will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan. Further information on the Rollover Plan is available in the ‘Rollover Plan’ section of these terms and conditions. Should an equivalent membership not be available in the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages.
2. Reserve Seat Membership includes access to games played at WEC only during the 2019/2020 NBL regular season.
3. Any games played outside of WEC will be sold separately and where possible Reserve Seat Members will be provided with priority to purchase tickets via a pre-sale period.
4. Subject to any applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund.
5. All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies.
6. By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to the Illawarra Hawks electronic database and to receive information relating to the Illawarra Hawks; be contacted by the Illawarra Hawks regarding any services, offers or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved by the Illawarra Hawks. Furthermore, you agree for the Illawarra Hawks to disclose your information to third parties associated with the Illawarra Hawks so they can contact you about their services, offers or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must notify the Illawarra Hawks in writing via email firstname.lastname@example.org of your preference to unsubscribe.
7. Members are required to notify the Illawarra Hawks of any change in circumstances, including the issuing or withdrawal of concession status, member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with the Illawarra Hawks. Should there be a change in concession status, the member will be required to pay the difference between a non-concession member and a concession member of that particular membership. Should the member not pay the difference within the time notified by the Illawarra Hawks, the Illawarra Hawks reserves the right to suspend the membership with all of the member’s benefits suspended until the difference is paid. The member is not entitled to seek any compensation or refund should any of its member’s benefits be suspended due to no or late payment of the difference.
8. The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or the Illawarra Hawks Code of Conduct.
9. The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right to change the seating arrangements from season to season. Where possible, the Illawarra Hawks will attempt to keep members in a similar seat selection from season to season.
10. Renewing members wanting to change their seat must request the change in writing to the Illawarra Hawks via email email@example.com. The Illawarra Hawks will try to accommodate seat requests in consideration of availability and any other relevant factors.
11. New members may select preferred seating, including to be seated with other members, when completing their membership application. Alternatively, new members can notify the Illawarra Hawks of their preferences in writing. Requested seating cannot be guaranteed. If the requested seating is not available, the Membership Department will select seating as close as possible to those requested by the new member. If no request is received, the Illawarra Hawks will allocate seating at its discretion.
12. Reserved seats will be allocated after the Rollover Plan date, with renewing members receiving first priority. Allocation for new members is based on availability and will be processed based on the order in which a membership is purchased (provided that a seating request is received).
1. To qualify for a Concession Membership, members must hold one of the following forms of identification: Pension Card, Full-time Student Card, Senior’s Card, Disability Card, or Carer’s Card. A photocopy of a valid Concession Card is required with your membership application.
2. Health Care Cards and Health Benefits Cards do not qualify.
3. Companion Card holders qualify for a $50 Concession Membership and gain entry when accompanying a member requiring care. A photocopy of the card is required with your membership application. The Companion Card holder must purchase a valid ticket if attending a game without the member in their care.
4. Random checks are conducted at NBL venues on members with Concession Memberships. Concession members must have appropriate identification with them when attending all NBL games. The Illawarra Hawks retains the right to cancel the membership (without refund) of any member without the appropriate identification.
5. Copies of Concession Identification Cards can be posted to Illawarra Hawks Membership, PO Box 7083, Gwynneville NSW 2500. Alternatively, you can scan and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in a copy to Hawks HQ.
1. To qualify for a Junior Membership, the junior must be 16 years or under as of 30 April 2020 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
2. Children 3 years of age and under are admitted free providing they are seated on their parent/guardian’s knee and do not require a seat. It is the parent/guardian’s sole responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their children.
A Family Membership consists of 2 adult and 2 junior memberships. Juniors must be 16 years or under as of 30 April 2020 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
PARTIAL GAME MEMBERSHIPS (SHOULD THESE BE OFFERED)
- As a Partial Game Member you will receive access to three or six Illawarra Hawks Games played at WEC during the 2019/20 NBL regular season.
- The member will have to make their selection as directed for all three or six games at the same time, at the point of purchase and will not be able to change any of the games selected.
- Seating allocation is subject to availability and may not be the same across all games. Seating will be allocated according to best availability at the time of making the three or six game selection.
Partial Game Members will receive 2019/20 Membership Pack including a non-barcoded membership card. Tickets will be provided for the three or six selected games separately to the pack via a Print-At-Home Ticket.
- Partial Game Members will also receive Illawarra
Hawks member benefits (visit hawkheads.com.au for
- 10% discount off the retail price of merchandise purchased at any physical Illawarra Hawks operated store (the member can use their membership card to receive their merchandise discount on game days).
- Access to open training sessions
- Access to member pre-sale finals tickets (should the Illawarra Hawks play in the finals)
- Member communications and member only offers
- Priority access to food and drink outlets
1. Finals tickets are not included in memberships.
2. Should the Illawarra Hawks qualify to play in the 2019/20 NBL Finals Series, all members will receive exclusive access to purchase tickets to home games via designated pre-sale periods.
3. The pre-sale information will be communicated upon confirmation of the Illawarra Hawks qualification to play finals.
4. Finals tickets are to be purchased through the venue ticketing agency, and the agency will also be responsible for all distribution of tickets.
1. By agreeing to pay your membership via the Illawarra Hawks payment plan, you authorise the Illawarra Hawks, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated credit card or debit account as set out in your membership application form. Additional fees (including credit card fees) will apply.
2. Unless stated otherwise, the first instalment will be withdrawn after receiving your application with further payments on the first day of each following month. If the payment date falls on a weekend or a NSW public holiday, we will process your payment on the next business day.
3. 8 Month Payment Plan – 8 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from May to December. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 8. Please note that the 8 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership before 30th June 2019.
4. 6 Month Payment Plan – 6 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from July to December. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 6. Members who enter into a 6 month payment plan will be rolled over into the 8 month payment plan for next season. Please note that the 6 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership from 1st July 2019.
5. You can purchase a membership and join a monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will be taken upon purchasing a membership, which includes any catch-up payment amounts in order to bring your membership payments up to date. For example, a membership purchased in September 2019 on the 6 month plan will attract an initial payment to cover the month of September as well as the sum of the instalments for July and August 2019.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account in order for payments to be processed. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution for a dishonoured payment will be payable by you. Any fees incurred by the Illawarra Hawks for a dishonoured payment will be added to the next instalment.
7. The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right to suspend or cancel your membership if on two consecutive occasions your payment cannot be processed due to insufficient funds in your nominated account. We will notify you in writing if we suspend or cancel your payment plan arrangement.
8. If your membership is suspended, your membership barcode will be blocked and your membership entitlements will be suspended until such time that the overdue payments have been received.
9. If you believe that a payment has been withdrawn incorrectly, please contact the Illawarra Hawks on 4229 7722 or email email@example.com. You will receive a full refund of the withdrawn amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the withdrawing.
10. You must advise us in writing if you close your nominated account and supply us with a substitute account in order for your payments to continue.
11. We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
(a) If you consent in writing; or
(b) To the extent required by law; or
(c) For the purpose of this Agreement, for example, in relation to a payment dispute.
1. The Rollover Plan automatically renews your membership each year for the upcoming season. Payments are applied in the same method as when the member originally signed up. The rollover takes place on 1st May each year.
2. By committing to an Illawarra Hawks Membership and Rollover Plan, you authorise the Illawarra Hawks to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated credit or debit card for the amount applicable to your membership type. Members can select for payments to be deducted either in full or across 8 monthly payments. For payment methods other than credit card, the member will be issued an invoice, with payment due within the terms of the invoice. Additional fees (including credit card fees) will apply.
3. Members will be notified in writing should there be price changes or major inclusion changes to their membership from season to season at least 14 days prior to their membership rolling over.
4. Members can request to be taken off the automatic rollover by written request. Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Requests to be removed from the rollover plan must be received by the Illawarra Hawks by 5pm Monday 30th April 2019.
All Illawarra Hawks Members will receive a 10% discount off retail price merchandise purchased through any physical Illawarra Hawks operated store.
2. To receive a discount at the store, members must present their membership card to merchandise staff members.
3. The Illawarra Hawks will not provide refunds or apply future credit where a membership discount was not used during the transaction.
4. A discount is not available on sale items.
1. Membership Packs will be given to members prior to the start of the season. If a member has not received a Membership Pack within this time frame or has items missing, please contact the Membership Department via email email@example.com.
2. Membership Cards may arrive separately to the Membership Pack.
LOST OR STOLLEN MEMBERSHIP CARD
Members that require any membership cards to be reprinted will incur a $10 reprint fee, payable by the member. If you misplace your membership card, please contact the Membership Department on 4229 7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a replacement.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Illawarra Hawks are committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adopted the following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectators and the wider basketball community.
The Illawarra Hawks work with the National Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security services and other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and take any potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten to disrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitalities, agreements or any tickets without compensation should a member or ticketholder breach this Code of Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion of the Illawarra Hawks. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising a member’s card, the Illawarra Hawks reserves the right to take action against the member in relation to their membership.
The Code of Conduct applies to anyone that attends any of the Illawarra Hawks games, official club functions and other non-game day events held, supported or endorsed by the Illawarra Hawks.
Code of Conduct Requirements:
1. When attending Illawarra Hawks Events:
(a) conduct themselves towards any other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of basketball specifically not to:
(i) use bad language;
(ii) harass or ridicule players, coaches, officials or other spectators;
(iii) engage in or endorse any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality; and
(iv) have any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) not do anything or act in a manner which would distract, disrupt or hinder the natural flow the event;
(c) comply with the terms of entry to the event;
(d) conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of the Illawarra Hawks, its staff, members or supporters;
(e) comply with requests from venue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue;
(f) sit in their allocated ticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested by the Illawarra Hawks staff or venue staff; and
(g) any merchandise, paraphernalia and/or memorabilia (Memorabilia) provided by the Illawarra Hawks to you are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you must ensure that in using the memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, prohibit or injury any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using the memorabilia.
2. Not promote, communicate, incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or posts that are aimed to:
(a) attack or be critical of anyone within the Illawarra Hawks including players, coaches, personnel and members;
(b) attack, critical or tarnish the name, brand or goodwill of the Illawarra Hawks and/or National Basketball League; or
(c) bring the game into disrepute.
Breaching the Code of Conduct:
The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, ban anyone from participating in:
1. Any social media controlled by the Illawarra Hawks and/or National Basketball League; and
2. Any Illawarra Hawks Events.
Where the Illawarra Hawks determine that there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct.
If there is a serious, continual or frequent breach of the Code of Conduct, the Illawarra Hawks may in its sole discretion terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) or refuse to sell a Illawarra Hawks membership.
In addition to contacting police, the Illawarra Hawks Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators to report any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
1. Alerting venue, security or Illawarra Hawks staff on game day of any issues;
2. If after a match, please the Illawarra Hawks email our membership department on email@example.com; and
3. If attending a Illawarra Hawks event, inform Illawarra Hawks officials at the event.
ERRORS & OMISSIONS
1. While every care is taken by the Illawarra Hawks to ensure that the most accurate information is presented on the website, including pricing, there may be some rare occasions where the information presented is incorrect. Accordingly, to the extent available at law, the Illawarra Hawks reserve the absolute right to not process or cancel any memberships that may have been obtained with the wrong information.
2. Before the Illawarra Hawks can exercise this right, the Illawarra Hawks must notify the affected person of the errors or omissions together with all necessary information to evidence that the information contained on the website is incorrect. In the event that the errors or omissions relate to prices of the membership and the affected person has paid:
(a) Where more than the price that is levied by the Illawarra Hawks: the Illawarra Hawks will notify the affected person the additional amount paid and give the affected person the choice to either cancel the membership or receive a refund of the excess amount paid. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify the Illawarra Hawks of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to receive a refund of the excess amount paid; or
(b) Where less than the price that is levied by the Illawarra Hawks: the Illawarra Hawks will notify the affected person the additional amount that needs to be paid and give the affected person the choice to either pay the difference or cancel the membership. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify the Illawarra Hawks of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount payable. If the affected person chooses or is deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount, the additional amount will become a debt immediately due and payable to the Illawarra Hawks. The Illawarra Hawks will provide the affected person five business days to attend to the payment. Should the affected person not pay the additional amount by the stipulated time, the Illawarra Hawks may suspend the provision of any part of the membership and the affected person is not entitled to any refund or compensation if the affected person is unable to enjoy any part of the membership due to delays in paying the additional amount, except where it is due to the Illawarra Hawks fault. Should the affected person be entitled to a refund or compensation, the maximum amount payable by the Illawarra Hawks will be the value for the portion of the membership that the Illawarra Hawks was unable to fulfil as determined by the Illawarra Hawks.
3. The Illawarra Hawks will attend to any refund as soon as practicable but no more than three business days after the affected person has made its decision.
1. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions.
2. To the extent permitted by law you indemnify the Illawarra Hawks against all, losses, costs, damages and liability suffered as a result of you giving incorrect or false information in your membership application. Your indemnity:
(a) Extends and covers all changes you make to your membership application; and
(b) Continues after this Agreement has ended.
For further information please contact the Membership Department at the Illawarra Hawks on 4229 7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.