HOW DO I GET TO WEC (win entertainment centre)?
The Wollongong train station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the venue. Some local buses stop and pick up from the Harbour Street side of the venue.
For regular timetables, visit https://transportnsw.info/
Wollongong’s FREE Gong Shuttle bus makes it easy to get around Wollongong’s City Centre. The service operates between 7:00am and 10:00pm from Monday to Friday.
Every 10 minutes during peak (7:00am – 9:00am & 3:00pm – 6:00pm) and every 20 minutes off-peak.
The weekend service will operate every 20 minutes between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
A taxi rank is located across the road from WIN Stadium outside the Steelers Club on Burelli Street. There is also an additional taxi rank located adjacent the WIN Entertainment Centre on the corner of Crown & Harbour Streets.
Secure taxi ranks, staffed by a security guard from 11.30pm – 4.00am are located on Corrimal Street, and on the corner of Crown and Kembla Streets.
There are approximately 1,200 parking spaces located within close proximity, and only a few minutes walking distance, from WIN Entertainment Centre;
- WIN Stadium Car Park (opposite the Sage Hotel) – pay and display & special event parking rates apply
- Stewart Street Multi Story
- Stewart Street East – special event parking rates apply
- Salvation Army Carpark (Stewart Street)
- St Francis Xavier Cathedral
- Woolworths Car Park, Burelli Street
- Market Street
- David Jones Car Park
- Wollongong Central (GPT)
- Crown Central (North & South)
- Wollongong Station Car Park
Pay and Display machines operate on a number of on-street and off-street parking spaces in the city centre.
A drop off zone will be in operation on Burelli Street between Harbour and Corrimal Streets.
SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT
WHAT IS THE SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT?
The Illawarra Hawks are committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adopted the following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectators and the wider basketball community.
The Illawarra Hawks work with the National Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security services and other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and take any potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten to disrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitalities, agreements or any tickets without compensation should a member or ticketholder breach this Code of Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion of the Illawarra Hawks. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising a member’s card, the Illawarra Hawks reserves the right to take action against the member in relation to their membership.
The below Code applies to anyone that attends any of the Illawarra Hawks games, official club functions and other non-game day events held, supported or endorsed by the Illawarra Hawks.
To abide by the Code of Conduct everyone must:
- When attending Illawarra Hawks Events:
(a) Conduct themselves towards any other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of basketball specifically not to:
(I) use bad language;
(ii) Harass or ridicule players, coaches, officials or other spectators;
(iii) Engage in or endorse any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality; and
(iv) Have any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) Not do anything or act in a manner which would distract, disrupt or hinder the natural flow the event;
(c) Comply with the terms of entry to the event;
(d) Conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of the Illawarra Hawks, its staff, members or supporters;
(e) Comply with requests from venue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue; and
(f) Sit in their allocated ticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested by the Illawarra Hawks staff or venue staff;
(g) Any merchandise, paraphernalia and/or memorabilia provided by the Club to you are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you must ensure that in using the Memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, and prohibit any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using the Memorabilia; and
- Not promote, communicate, incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or posts that are aimed to:
(a) Attack or be critical of anyone within the Illawarra Hawks including players, coaches, personnel and members;
(b) Attack, criticise or tarnish the name, brand or goodwill of the Illawarra Hawks and/or National Basketball League; or
(c) Bring the game into disrepute.
Consequences of breaching the Code of Conduct
The Illawarra Hawks reserve the right, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, and ban anyone from participating in:
- Any social media controlled by the Illawarra Hawks and/or National Basketball League; and
- Any Illawarra Hawks Events
Should they be determined to have breached this Code of Conduct?
In serious, continual or frequent breach of this Code of Conduct, the Illawarra Hawks may also terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) or refuse to sell to a person Illawarra Hawks membership.
REPORTING OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR
In addition to contacting police, the Illawarra Hawks Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators to report any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
- Alerting venue, security or Illawarra Hawks staff on game day of any issues.
- If after a match, please email our membership department on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If at a club events – inform Illawarra Hawks officials at the event.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
WHO DO I CONTACT TO REPORT OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR ON MATCH DAY?
- If you are unhappy with the behaviour of members or supporters surrounding you or you witness any illegal or anti-social behaviour, we recommend you immediately speak to an usher or security guard at the game, who will directly respond.
- Please also report this incident in writing via email to the Illawarra Hawks Membership Department at email@example.com and/or contact an Illawarra Hawks representative on game day.
The Illawarra Hawks are committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all Club members and spectators. Accordingly, the Illawarra Hawks have adopted a Supporter Code of Conduct for the benefit of Illawarra Hawks members, spectators and the wider NBL community. If there are any breaches to this Code of Conduct, the member in question will still be subject to the appropriate suspensions and/or sanctions.
HOW DO I FIX ERRORS ON MY MEMBERSHIP CARD?
- If any of your details are printed incorrectly on your Illawarra Hawks Membership Card, please contact the Membership Department on 4229 7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new card will be issued within 2 weeks. If your membership card does not arrive in time for a game, please contact the Membership Department prior to game day on 4229 7722.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MY MEMBERSHIP NUMBER?
Your membership number is located on the back of your membership card.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PERSONAL DETAILS?
- Members are able to update personal details online using their MYHAWKS account. To login, visit hawkheads.com.au and enter your user name and password.
- If you are unsure of how to use your MYHAWKS account or cannot find your password, please call the Membership Department on 4229 7722 or email email@example.com. Members can also click on the retrieve password function to reset their password.
- Alternatively, to update any necessary details, you can contact the Membership Department via phone on 4229 7722 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Illawarra Hawks Season Memberships purchased in 2019/20 will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan unless the member opts out of such enrolment at time of purchasing the membership. This means your membership will automatically renew each season.
- Should an equivalent membership not be available the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages, but a rollover will not occur.
- If a member does not wish to continue with the Rollover Plan for their 2019/20 Illawarra Hawks membership, they will be required to opt out in writing by 5pm, 30th April 2019 by emailing email@example.com.
CAN I PAY FOR MY MEMBERSHIP IN INSTALMENTS?
Yes, Illawarra Hawks offer 2 different payment plans depending on membership sign-up date.
6 & 8 MONTH MEMBERSHIP INSTALMENT PLAN
- An 8 monthly instalment payment plan is offered for memberships purchased prior to 1st May 2019. The Membership price is split into 8 equal monthly instalments, with each instalment due on the 1st of the month. Should the 1st of the month fall on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be taken on the following business day. Unless stated otherwise, the first instalment will be withdrawn after receiving your application with further payments on the first day of each following month. If the payment date falls on a weekend or a NSW public holiday, we will process your payment on the next business day with the final payment taken on 1st December. The payment plan will automatically roll over your membership for the following season. If payment fails, the Illawarra Hawks Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify this. Please note additional fees for dishonoured payments may occur.
- A 6 monthly instalment payment plan is offered for memberships purchased after the 30th April 2019. The Membership price is split into 6 equal monthly instalments, with each instalment due on the 1st of the month. Should the 1st of the month fall on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be taken on the following business day. The payment plan starts on 1st July each year with the final payment taken on 1st December. The payment plan will automatically rollover your membership for the following season. If payment fails, the Illawarra Hawks Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify this. Please note additional fees for dishonoured payments may occur.
- You can purchase a membership and join the monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will be taken, which will be a lump sum of the months owed in order to bring your membership payments up to date.
- At the end of each season you will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes to the cost of your next membership with the choice to opt out.
- Additional fees of 4.4% apply to all instalment payments.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY MONTHLY PAYMENT DECLINES?
It is your responsibility to make sure that your Credit Card Account has sufficient credit available so that the charges set out in the membership application can be processed. If a member fails a payment on their monthly instalment, the Illawarra Hawks Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify the payment/s outstanding.
Should a member fall two or more instalments behind, their barcode will be blocked and membership entitlement will be suspended until payments have caught up.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY DETAILS IF I CHANGE CREDIT CARDS?
- If you are on the payment plan and your credit card number or expiry date has changed, please contact the Illawarra Hawks Membership Department on 4229 7722 during business hours to update these details.
- You can also contact the Membership Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your credit card details updated.
CAN I PAY MY MEMBERSHIP OFF IN FULL?
Yes, if you are paying your membership in instalments, you can pay the remaining amount at any time during the membership season (May – February). Members will still remain on the automatic rollover until the member opts out. Members can opt out of the Rollover Plan by emailing the Membership Department at email@example.com. Additional fees (including credit card fees) apply.
IF I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD MY MEMBERSHIP, CAN I GET A REFUND?
When signing up for a membership with Illawarra Hawks, members are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the payment plan, which states that refunds are not issued and members will continue to pay for their membership until all payments have been made.
For full terms and conditions, please visit hawkheads.com.au.
Memberships apply to all Illawarra Hawks home games that are played at the WEC during the 2019/20 NBL regular season excluding games played at alternative venues. Membership does not include matches played at other venues; tickets to these matches will be sold separately.
Should a major change be required due to venue layout, the Club will notify members.
Where is Club 79 seating located?
Club 79 seating is located in the first 3 rows of the middle 3 sections of the Arena Stands along each sideline of the court at the WEC.
Where is Platinum seating located?
Platinum seating is located in the lower section of the Arena Stands along each sideline of the court at the WEC (excluding the Club 79 seating).
Where is Gold seating located?
Gold seating is located in the Concourse Stands rows A-H.
Where is Red Zone seating located?
Silver seating is located in the Concourse Stands behind the gold seating rows J–P.
Where is Hawks Nest seating located?
Hawks Nest seating is located on the baseline side of Concourse Stands in rows A–P.
WHERE CAN I VIEW A SEATING MAP?
To view our seating map visit hawkheads.com.au
WITH THE CHANGE OF COURT LAYOUT WILL I STILL RECEIVE MY SAME SEAT?
All members who rollover or renew their membership by 30th April 2019 will be allocated into an equivalent seat based on the changes to the layout of the court. Any member seats that are not taken up will be available for existing members to get closer to the court.
I WAS A RED ZONE OR PREMIUM MEMBER IN THE ARENA IN 2018/19, HOW DO I RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP?
Red Zone or Premium Memberships in the Arena seating will no longer be available for the 2019/20 season. These members will be offered an upgrade and will be contacted individually by the Membership Department. If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW ARE SEATS ALLOCATED FOR MEMBERS?
- Members on the Rollover Plan will receive their equivalent seat from the previous season.
- Renewing reserve seat members who opted out of the Rollover Plan have the opportunity to keep their equivalent seat from the previous season. To secure your equivalent seat, you must renew your membership by the reserve seat cut-off date, 30th April 2019. If you do not renew by this time, your equivalent seat cannot be guaranteed.
- New members will be allocated into the best available remaining seats.
I AM A ROLLOVER OR RENEWING MEMBER WISHING TO CHANGE MY SEATING REQUEST, HOW CAN I DO THIS?
- Existing/Renewing Members who are looking to change their seating allocation or are looking to add additional members to their current seating allocation need to contact the club via email email@example.com or phone 4229 7722.
- Submitted seating requests are not guaranteed and allocation of seating will be dependent on availability in the requested area.
- Members will receive their seating allocation on their membership cards/tickets. If members are unhappy with their allocation, they will need to contact the Membership Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I SUBMIT MY RESERVED SEAT REQUEST TO THE CLUB?
Reserved Seat requests can be submitted to the Membership Department via email email@example.com, or in person at Hawks HQ. It would be best to contact our Membership Department prior to your visit so we can ensure we have a Membership Consultant available to assist you. Office hours are Monday to Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm.
WHAT IF THE MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT CANNOT MEET MY RESERVED SEAT REQUEST?
If your request cannot be fulfilled, the Membership Department will take all reasonable steps to contact affected members to discuss your options.
MY RESERVED SEAT HAS CHANGED SLIGHTLY FROM LAST SEASON, WHY IS THIS?
Illawarra Hawks reserves the right to move members in order to fill seating gaps. All moves will be allocated within the same seating sections. The Membership Department will take all reasonable steps to contact affected members to discuss your options.
I CANNOT ATTEND A MATCH; CAN SOMEONE ELSE USE MY MEMBERSHIP?
Members who purchase a membership are entitled to transfer their ticket to a family member or a friend providing the guest is of the equivalent level of entry (e.g. Concession/Junior). Adult memberships may be used by people in all other levels of entry.
REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY
Subject to applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund. You may request a refund in writing (email or post) and your request will be assessed by Illawarra Hawks Management. Any refunds (whole or partial) will be at the discretion of Illawarra Hawks Management.
ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS ON MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES IF PURCHASED AFTER THE SEASON STARTS?
There are no discounts on membership packages if purchased after the season starts. We encourage members to purchase membership packages prior to the start of the season to receive the full membership benefits available.
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP DEFINED
A family membership consists of 2 Adult and 2 Junior Members. To qualify for a Junior Membership, the junior must be 16 years or under as of 30th April 2020.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP?
To qualify for a Junior Membership, the junior must be 16 years or under as of 30th April 2020 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
Children 3 years of age and under are admitted free providing they are seated on their parent/guardian’s knee and do not require a seat. It is the parent/guardian’s sole responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their children.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A CONCESSION MEMBERSHIP?
To qualify for a Concession Membership, members must hold one of the following forms of identification:
- Pension Card (aged, single parent or disability)
- Student Card (full-time only)
- Veteran Affairs Concession Card
Please note Health Care Cards do not qualify.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
- If you’ve applied online or over the phone, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 business hours.
- If you’ve submitted your application form via mail, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 business hours of your application being received by the Club (be sure to provide us with a valid email address). Please contact the Membership Department on 4229 7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive your receipt via post.
- If you have paid for your membership in person, you will receive a hard copy of your receipt on the day. Once the membership has been processed via the membership system, you will receive a confirmation email.
HOW CAN I RENEW OR PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP FOR THE 2019/20 SEASON?
Rollover Members all members in the 2019/20 season will automatically opt into the Rollover Plan for next season. To opt out of the Rollover Plan email the Membership Department on membership.@hawks.com.au.
Renewing Members who have opted out of the Rollover Plan can renew their Illawarra Hawks membership online by following these steps;
- Visit hawkheads.com.au
- Login into your MYHAWKS membership account.
- Click on Orders to renew your current membership package. If you wish to change your membership package, click on packages to view the different membership types. (CHECK DETAILS)
- Members who have forgotten their password to the login can use the Retrieve Password function on the log in page. An automated email will be sent directly to your nominated email address.
New Members can sign up online by following these steps;
- Visit hawkheads.com.au
- Fill in all corresponding fields when purchasing your membership and setting up your MYHAWKS membership account. Members will receive an email to confirm their login details; it is recommended you keep these details somewhere safe.
- Once your membership purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Post your completed membership form to Hawks HQ, PO Box 7083, Gwynneville NSW 2500. Include your payment as cheque or card details. Please do not send cash in the post. Please note your membership will not be active until payment is received.
Members can renew/purchase memberships by phoning our Membership Department during business hours Monday to Friday on 4229 7722. Please note your membership will not be active until payment is received.
- In Person
To renew/purchase your membership in person, you can visit Hawks HQ (Snakepit), Foley Street, Gwynneville. It would be best to contact our Membership Department prior to your visit so we can ensure we have a membership consultant available to assist you. Office hours are Monday to Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm.